Written and shared on FB Fall 2017, sharing now to promote the May 2nd release of Cobra Kai on YouTube Red.
Thank you so much to everyone who has reached out. I have heard from so many of you and it means the world to me. After much reflection and a lengthy conversations with my sister, Amanda Owens, I am finally prepared to publicly share my thoughts, hopes and dreams for the new Karate Kid series, Cobra Kai, coming our way on YouTube’s Red in 2018.
• Original soundtrack everywhere, all the time. But always an opening credit over a desert cacti shot: Music by Bill Conti
• Spare no expense to get Elisabeth Shue on the show to bounce between Daniel and Johnny in an Archie/Reggie/Veronica kind of way.
• OR, give Daniel a new girlfriend every season (PLEASE let there be more than 1 season). Can we start with the never-seen-before Judy from Newark?
• Please bring back the following for walk-on roles: Every single Cobra Kai (even Andrew Shue and the heavy set one), the Korean guy who lost in the first round of the tournament to Daniel, Spiderman, The Chicken, Ali’s friends Barbara and Susan, Ali’s parents, the lady who rang up the food in the cafeteria, the All-Valley Tournament emcee, the guy who wrecked his car outside the Halloween dance.
• Make Cobra Kai Bobby the Soccer Coach at West Valley High School who encourages his team to trip their opponents and consistently yells, “Get him a body bag!”
• Town Halloween party where Daniel comes dressed as another version of “the invisible man” is another must.
• A Miyagi Classic Car lot where Daniel trains the workers how to wax the fleet.
• Due to unexplained circumstances, have Daniel ride his dirt bike everywhere he goes, Michael-Bluth style. At least once an episode have him throw a huge tantrum about how much he hates his freakin’ bike.
• Also unexplained, have Johnny now driving what once was Daniel’s yellow 1948 Ford Super DeLuxe Club—his bday gift from Miyagi.
• Have Mrs. LaRusso living out her dream of working in rocket computers and being a powerhouse at it. So much so that she bought The Orient Express, the restaurant where she used to work.
• Use the above restaurant regularly to shoot scenes of Mrs. L giving motherly advice to Daniel in their special window booth. But cut all the advice short with Mrs. L’s employee interrupting off-camera, “Lucille, let’s go. Here they come!”
• Have Daniel dress in all white and make one close call after another with a plate of spaghetti in his mom’s restaurant.
• Turn Freddy into the manager of Mrs. LaRusso’s restaurant. And put him in a different 80s graphic T-shirt for every scene. #MakinBacon
• Make Uncle Louie a regular at the restaurant's bar. No lines but always with some red wine and parmesan in front of him.
• A music montage at Golf ‘n’ Stuff is a must. This time, have Daniel and Ali pack bathing suits for the slide.
• Due to poor life choices, put the hotshot in the Corvette at Golf ‘n’ Stuff who made Daniel feel awkward on his date with Ali into Mrs. LaRusso’s old station wagon and have him still cruising the Golf ‘n’ Stuff lot looking to pick up girls.
• Make sure that brick at Ali’s parents’ home is still not fixed.
• Have Daniel live in The South Seas Apartment. Same apartment, still with a faucet that gives him problems every once in a while.
• Have Daniel host a pool party at the apartment, even though it’s half full.
• Please dear God no: Nothing with Mr. Miyagi’s wife and son. Let’s keep this upbeat and moving along.
To the person who gave this project the green light, one million thanks. I love the idea of this project so much I am willing to leave my family and my job, and work on it for free, so if anyone has any connections to Ralph or Billy, please spread the word.
If you’re still reading all of this, now seems like good time to invite you to view my Self-Guided Karate Kid Reality Tour album on FB:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…